Hey, you want to start a blog rite? That’s great. Starting a blog is fun, powerful and amazing.
Read the content on Why Should You Start Blogging?
Before you start blogging, it’s little wise to know the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. WordPress is one of the top blogging platforms, It runs 32% of the entire Internet. But despite its popularity, there’re users still questioning what is the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org?
Well, if you are new to WordPress or looking for its difference, this blog post will explain to you. Not only that you’ll be able to decide over which one to pick for your blog.
The key differences are:
Note: WordPress software is own by WordPress.org
WordPress.org- It’s often called as self-hosted WordPress, as you host it. You need to purchase your own web host and domain. It gives you the full flexibility of your site.
WordPress.com- It’s free WordPress.Org Software for Blogging/Website. It hosts your blog/site and handles everything for you. You can download or sign in directly from WordPress.com and start your website or blogging.
Bonus: Read this step-by-step tutorial to start a free blog on WordPress.com
- You get a personal domain. Example-updatepreneur.com.
- Full customization of the theme
- You can run your own ads
- Full access and control over your & files
- End numbers of plugins are allowed
- Better storage depending on your hosting plan
- Free to use
- Your blog/site in under sub-domain of WordPress.com. Example-updatepreneur.wordpress.com
- No access to full customization of themes
- You cannot monetize your blog
- Limited SEO and analytics
- No plugins are allowed
- You can only access to limited disk space of 3GB
- limited access to its control over the interface or technical control
To launch your website in WordPress.org it cost you around $50 in a year. I have a recommendation for a cheaper, secure and supportive hosting provider. The best part of is that you get a free domain with the purchase for your hosting. I strongly recommend Bluehost. Avail the exclusive offer through my referral link.
- $2.5 per/month
- Free Domain
- Automatic installation of WordPress.
If you’re planning to use your site for commercial purpose, you’ve to pay as per the plan of the WordPress.com. It is expensive too. Its premium plan may cost $99/per.
WordPress.com is best for hobby blogger and of course for beginners to craft your passion. Once you want to use for your business and if you want to earn something from your blog. Then you must go for your own hosting plan and domain name.
If you want a full control over your blog, go with WordPress.org
Let’s brainstorm the following?
Which is the best-WordPress.org or WordPress.com?
Prior to my experiences with WordPress, users recommendation and its flexibility I strongly recommend WordPress.org. There’are some limiting factors in WordPress.com than that of WordPress.org
Which one should I use for business-WordPress.org or WordPress.com?
For business, I recommend WordPress.org as you need to monetize, brand your business and for its professional look. I bet WordPress.com cannot stand out for business purposes.
Should I use WordPress.org or WordPress.com for my blog?
Well, if you are serious about your blog, WordPress.org should be the priority. If your blog is for fun and hobby WordPress.com is more than enough.
Alright, I hope you are clear with your confusion on WordPress.com and WordPress.org by now. If you are all set to start your blog, check out this tutorial to start a blog on WordPress.
If you’ve any questions, leave in a comment. We’ll help you out.
Some of the related content picked for you:
- Why should you start Blogging?
- How to start a blog on WordPress?
- Tips to choose your blog name.
- Which Blogging Platform will you choose?
- How to start a free blog on WordPress.com?
- Difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com